Monday, March 15, 2010

A Project for a Friend

Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is reveal day at Treasured Scrapbooking so I thought I would post my projects this week and get this blog humming.

This is a special project I did for my friend Carolyn. I wanted to leave her with a special gift and created this layout and framed it. It is a picture of her and her grandson.This flower was made from packaging paper I received in something I ordered via mail. I do not throw away any cool packaging as I am always looking for ways to incorporate it into my work. So I ripped a piece of the paper and misted it with Maya Mist - after it dried, I accordian folded the strip and then cut a rounded petal on the end. I unfolded the strip and ran it through my sewing machine. Gathering the thread to bunch the paper, I formed a circle as I went and glued the ends. This created the base for the flower. I added some primas and felt leaves cut from a Michael's dollar coaster that had been misted to match. I topped it all off with some stickles accents and there you have it!
It is hard to see in this picture, but I took the Sassafras Lass polka dot paper, punched the top and bottom with a MS punch and misted it to tone it down and match the color scheme. While the paper was still wet, I scrunched it up to the size and shape I wanted. After it dried, it hardened and I added the bits with glue dots. Also - the word Hope was in the Michael's $1 bin. I covered it with glue and immersed it into rough sugar crystal glitter. After it dried, I sprayed it with sealent to keep the glitter in place.

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

The blog is humming a'ight!! Wow, look that awesome layout, I just heart it when people can do such collage layouts, I can't, so I can only drool... love it my friend!

angie gutshall said...

WOW! That is a beautiful layout! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

You always do such a wonderful job of clustering your embellishments and using trims and colors. This is a gorgeous layout, and Carolyn will be thrilled!

Trish said...

So very beautiful, Lisa!! Carolyn is lucky to have you for a friend, for sure!! xo