Monday, July 27, 2009

WillowTraders LEO #11 Find Some Inspiration

OK - I have to tell you - Sandy really threw me for a loop - the challenge was to find inspiration from something non-scrap related. EEp. I frequent scrap blogs, have tons of scrap mags and books. I thought - I had best have some lunch and think about this. I went to Publix on my way home from church and picked up my favorite veggie sushi tray. So I went to get it - as I was drizzling soy on the lovely little rolls - it hit me! Sushi tray = fab inspiration!! Off to photo my lunch tray and get to scrappin! Here is my Sushi lunch inspiration:

Black background - the little rolls reminded me of my scallop punches - white, avacado green and carrot orange! Love the different size circle and scallop punches! I punched away and this is what I came up with!

I used pop dots to lift the pics off the page. I also staggered the orange circles to show off the color. I finished it off with a "wasabi" green ribbon at the bottom!
This was too fun! I was really excited to whip this baby up and it came together in an hour!

It was a very fun weekend playing with my scrappy goods. The garage sale at the LSS was this weekend. Too bad they are closed today. I am excited to see how much of the stuff is gone. It will be fun to have a credit to use to purchase summer CHA goods when they start rolling in. I cannot wait for the new Sassafras Lass!! Monstrosity is my absolute favorite new line!

Have a productive day!!

5 comments:

Patricia said...

So, so cute and original Lisa! Love it!

emelyn said...

LOVE the layout, Lisa!! Great job with the interpretation...and YUM with the sushi!! heehee

Unknown said...

WOW- from sushi!?! totally cool! Love how it came out!

vtpuggirl said...

Now that is some seriously amazing inspiration! Love how you did this!

Holly said...

OMGosh! Lisa! That is awesome! What a great use of "outside the box" inspiration! You did a fabulous job... and made me crave sushi in the process. ;0)