Friday, September 18, 2009

LEO #8 - Boy With a Curl and some news!!

Well ladies- the results are in for the Treasured Scrapbooking Treasured Hunt 2009 - I am still blown away that I was selected for second place. The talent was incredible and the winner Jodi created an incredible layout with so much detail that it should be framed. I wish her much congratulations for a well deserved first place! Rita also brought her game! The level of detail in her stamping and touching journaling was so inspiring. I look forward to trying out some new stamp techniques based on her awesome final project!! Leslie and the Treasured Scrapbooking design team deserve kudos for sponsoring, creating and (holy smkokes) judging this very fun contest! I so enjoyed playing along and pushing myself. Taking the time to enjoy the process and expressing myself with paper, cardboard and scissors!!

I love the layout I did for LEO #8 beacuse of the subject. Jamie has the prettiest blond curls! I don't ever want to forget them so I took a few pics of them on his birthday - knowing I would be scrapbooking them so we can remember them forever!

Last night, Pam and I taught our first CCD class for our church, Saint Katherine Drexel. We have a fifth grade class. Just two students right now, but I am sure that will grow as teh regestrations continue. It was really humbling for me. My heart is so full. I am fearful I will not be able to successfully share the word with the kids. A perfect example of a time to turn to God for the right words, the proper message and total willingness to serve.

Tomorrow is my class with Kelly Goree!! Wahoo - I promise to tell you all about it and share pics when I get home!!

I am so excited because my Work In Progress kits will be here today - I love tracking numbers!!!!!!!

Umm...Kudos to Jamie girl!! Of course - the box was nto checked - haha! IS that new???
Enjoy your Friday!!

7 comments:

jamie said...

Man, Lisa...you got enough going on?

And if you get your WIP before me, well, I'm gonna...I'm gonna...I'm gonna...come to your house and drool!

And I am so proud of you teaching. Would love to hear more about that.

You are so amazing. I really wish we could meet for tea/coffee...I am sure I would learn so much from you.

Have a great day. Will check back later if you got blogger to work. (Make sure you have the agreement box clicked, or you won't be able to upload.)

Janine Rachau said...

Fabulous,...I just love the touch of blue in this.

Congrats on the contest,...you definitely earned a placement,...great work.

Julie said...

love it girl!! you rock!!

Miss Misi said...

Sounds like you have inspiration pouring out of every nook and cranny. Have fun at your class!

twinkles11 said...

LOVE the layout! he does have some pretty curls. all the elements look so fun

Heather said...

Congrats on 2nd place. That is fabulous! Have fun at your class.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the second place win!!! Loving that layout == and Jamie's curls