Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Couple of Layouts

I busted into the August Work in Progress kits yesterday. Just love what Trish puts together. The new Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend line and Scribble Scrabble Lullaby of Birdland in the main kit was so fun and I think both layouts have a completely different look.This picture of Spencer is too cute. I saw it on his mama's facebook page and had to scrap it. This picture is of my Niece Kimmy and Nephew Jarred who live in California. I miss these two kids!

Confession time: I have a wicked addiction to cardboard and recycling it these days. I am ripping up all the boxes my kitsa come in and incorporating it into layouts. I just love stripping the top off and uncovering the rippled sheets. Stay tuned - i think you will be seeing a bunch in future layouts. I love the rough texture and that I am not throwing the box away.

I am going to mass at noon todya and then a gold party at Val's house. You bring your old broken bits to the party and they pay you for it. We shall see how this goes. I look forward to seeing Babci and Val today. Hoping Spencer and Jamie will be there too.
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

11 comments:

Lori Gentile said...

Gorgeous layouts, Lisa! I love the bright, fun colors.

Angie said...

Great LOs love that texture the cardboard brings

Julie said...

lisa that clothesline paper was perfect for that!!! who makes it???

"The Bag Lady" said...

Love Rub a Dub! His face popping out from the bubbles is priceless. Awesome job with the cardboard too. I also have a fascination with it. It is truly addictive so beware!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for using that corrugated cardboard -- love the look on your layouts, I think I'll rip up a box o two here and try it too!

Nicole Maki said...

Cardboard is one of my favorite things to add to LOs too. It just has so much oomph!

Hope the gold party is profitable and that you are doing well :-)

Great scrapping!

Nathalie said...

Nice pages Lisa! I love cardboard too! It adds great texture to your 1st page!

WriterGirl said...

great looking LO's girlie! Love what you did with that WIP kit!

Jill Felker said...

More awesomeness Lisa!

Michelle said...

love the cardboard too need to do that great way to be green!great pages love the clothes line paper i have that too and now i want to whip it out!

Janine Rachau said...

The pug is adorable! Fun pages. I just love coming by for a visit here.