Saturday, August 29, 2009

Treasured Hunt Challenge #4

This was the most fun I have ever had doing a layout. I took my time and built this throughout the week. I really enjoyed the process. I wanted to try some new techniques and create a layout I could frame to remind me of the Golden Rule.The pocket is made from a sheet of chipboard – I ripped it in half, wet it completely and shaped it the let it dry. After I shaped it, I sprayed it with a variety of Maya Mists and Tattered Angels mists to get the color I was looking for.Journaling:
Pinky Swear
I am not willing to surrender my principles for the easy way out. My firm line of right and wrong is not blurry. Sometimes I do not understand how anyone can give up the only thing they ever truly own – their integrity.
When I give my word – it is golden. I would rather face the consequences of my actions in this life than sacrifice my place above. The golden rule is very simple – do unto others are you would have them do unto you.The Challenge:
Layout must include:
- one picture only
- at least 3 leaves (can be an embellishment, stamped, handmade, cut from paper, real leaves etc)
- stitching - machine or hand stitching (no stamps, rubons or stickers)
- some recycled piece of packaging - plastic, hang tag, price tag, cardboard, etc. (describe in your description if it's not evident what you used)
- journaling of at least 50 words including "I am not willing to..."
- original designs only - no sketches, please
Supplies
Cardboard from delivery box
Chipboard sheet (received in a kit to stabilize paper)
Patterned Paper – Sassafras Lass, Cosmo Cricket (Leaves)
Denim – old pair of jeans
Stamp-Unity Stamp Co
Cardstock-Bazzil
Embossing Powder-American Crafts Zing
Ink-Stazon
Green journal flower-K&Co
Lace-Michaels
Paper Tape-K&Co
Pins-Fancy Pants
Chipboard bunny-Sassafras Lass
Cut Turquoise Paper-KI Memories
Metal Word – Studio 18
Thickers-American Crafts
Ribbon-Michaels
Fabric leaves-Prima
Fabric Flower-Creative Charms
Paper Flower-Homemade from old yellow pages and Maya Mist
Journal sheets-Making Memories, K&Co
Rubon-Hambly

Wish me luck - the next cut goes to 5. Only two more challenges left. I have so enjoyed this contest - after the initial "You must journal for real." shock. I am grateful to have made it this far and have no expectations of moving on. There are some very talented scrappers playing!

9 comments:

Julie said...

A W E S O M E - N E S S

WOW!!!

jamie said...

oh WoW!
mixed media art to the core!
if you don't make the next cut i am going to have to personally go hurt somebody...
please keep us in the know as to how you progress.
the journaling alone is more that wonderful. so very well spoken/written.
and the art work just makes you want to sit and observe it as there is something new to discover every time you look at it.
great job, lisa!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! I really love that pocket -- how innovative of you to come up with the process of creating it. And all your little touches are just so beautiful.

Patricia said...

Awesome Lisa! I love everything! Congrats and good luck with continuing on next week!

Janine Rachau said...

What everyone else said, plus...

F A B - U - L O U S !

Trish said...

I can't even imagine doing a page that beautiful!! Holy Moses--good luck to you (but you got the skills and need NO luck, my friend!) Love ya!

Jill Felker said...

That is beyond gorgeous, Lisa!

Heather said...

Lisa, that is absolutely GORGEOUS! I would never have known that was cardboard. Just breathtaking. You deserve to continue on in this challenge you are participating in.

Freezer Meals said...

How stinkin cool!!! WOW...Lisa this turned out great:) I would love to see it up close in person.