Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Friday!!!

Good morning!
It's Friday and I am excited to get this day started! The weekend is just around the corner. I had a "date" last night with my favorite boy in the whole entire world!
We have been doing dates for a long time. The last month and a half have been rough for me and I had not taken him out for that time period. Yesterday I picked him up from daycare after work and off we went. Our dates are always the same - a trip to Target to select a Thomas toy and then to McDonalds for a 6 piece chicken nugget meal with apples and caramel. As we were driving to Target, we were chatting about his day. Then he says " I am glad you are back Auntie. I missed you - did you miss me?" So it looks like 6 weeks can be a long time for a 4 year old. He made comments like "Remember when I was little and we had a date." WOW - I sure do buddy.

Anyway - our weekly dates are back on track and I hope I don't disappoint him ever again. I can't explain how this kid has captured my heart. He is such an angel. So - we had a great time. Singing and dancing in Target - when we started dates - I made up a song that I always sing to him. I love Jamie - I'm not crazy - He's my baby. The funny thing as we walked through Target - he started the song. I think he was reminding me to sing it. So sing it - we did. I ignored all the crazy looks from the other shoppers and sang my heart out to my little monkey.

Other things to be happy about - My Work in Progress kits should arrive today! Wahoo - I will be playing with those babies this weekend. Main, add-on and project. It is also time for another WillowTraders Blog Hop so check back for creative posts!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lisa, what a sweet story... I think you can just copy and paste that same post and use that cute picture and a LO will be born!

-- dalis

Barbara Ferguson said...

That is a special little man you have there! Love the special times we have with our DGD. Those little ones can just melt your heart, can't they?!?

Lori Gentile said...

Ah Lisa. It's so true. 6 weeks is a really long time in a little one's life. I adore that photo.

WriterGirl said...

Could he be any cuter?????

Heather said...

What a great story. It made me smile. He is super cute and sweet!

Michelle said...

that is just soo sweet Lisa!!he is lucky to have a funtastic Aunt like U!.

love your cards the dog is too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet little boy! So glad that you are able to resume your weekly dates, since you both enjoy them so much.

Nathalie said...

So sweet! I can't wait to see what you create with the WIP kit!

Janine Rachau said...

So sweet! Glad to hear that things have improved enough for you to resume your dates. :) Enjoyed your writing...

Looking forward to your creations, too!

jamie said...

what a wonderful muse...you two are so lucky to have each other. he is so blessed for you to dote so purposefully like you do. ahhh!!!! i love that post.

did wip arrive for you yet? boy...you got the whole enchilada, didn't you? that's great. mine arrived yesterday too...my little wheels are turning. can't wait to see what you do with yours!