Sunday, August 9, 2009

Treasured Hunt Challenge #1

I don't think I mentioned that I entered the Treasured Scrapbooking 2009 Treasured hunt. I was selected to be part of the 25 that move on to the first challenge. I am in serious need of participation right now so I am challenging myself every way I know how. ;)

The challenge: Create a ONE page layout (paper only - no digital)

Layout must include:
- at least one circle (3 inches or bigger)
- torn paper
- only ONE photo
- journaling....and the journaling must include "I wish someone had told me that..." It can be as long or as short as you like but must include those words.

My Layout:Wow - ok I think I needed to do this challenge. A little emotional purging.

Here is the journaling:
I wish someone had told me that... Pain is the Good Lord’s way of telling you to back up and reassess your situation. Whether physical, mental or emotional – you are not making good choices. Placing your hand on the hot stove is painful – not a good physical choice. Repeatedly throwing your heart to someone that does not want it is painful – not a good emotional choice.

Supplies:
Making Memories PP Varnish Passport Great Escape
Scenic Route garden Grove Joy Street (Circle cut from this)
Prima Flower - Summer Singles-Apple Map
Doodlebug Shin Dig Black glitter alpha
Ribbon-Michaels
K&Co Aoctopus to Zelephant Adhesive Borders
October Afternoon Cardstock Stickers-Road Map
Making Memories Great Escape Masking Tape
Ledger Paper-Staples
Paper Bag Heart (recycled bag) this is torn paper
Martha Stewart loopy punch
EK Success Punch-Binding Edge

Back is better went to Chiro yesterday - no floating bones! No surgery! I have 3 bulging and degenerated disks, arthritis en mass and a bone spur. All is livable so life is good!

6 comments:

Gina de Jong said...

Lisa, what a cool Layout - I love the crazy chaotic feel!!!!! all the best in the challenge!!!

"The Bag Lady" said...

This is fabulous!!! Your eyes are so expressive and it just makes this layout!

Heather said...

Very cool LO! Good luck in the challenge.

Michelle said...

Lisa very cool layout you have beautiful eyes!

Michele said...

Cool layout, the photo is amazing.

WriterGirl said...

wow girlie....that's some great journaling. Love your page!