Friday, August 7, 2009

Recycled Flower Tutorial

Paper Bag Flowers (Based on the idea of tissue flower tutorial)

I saw this tutorial on the blog above and cold not wait to give it a go myself. I wanted to recycle materials I have around the house so I substituted the paper bags from studio calico for the tissue paper. I also received a new phone book so I am using the old one for flowers too! Supplies you will need:
Paper bag or newspaper or tissue paper or your old yellow pages ;)
Brads
2" flower punch
Mists - I used Maya Mists and Glimmer Mists
First step - cut approximately 10-15 flowers with your punch from your selected paper. The more layers you include - the fuller the flower. Next stack the paper flowers on top of each other and pop a brad through the middle. I use my scissors to punch a hole in the center then insert the brad. The color of the brad does not matter as you will not see it when you are done so if you have old yucky colored brads - now is the time to use them up.Now is when the fun part begins - I was a little leary about the right way to scrunch up each layer - but let me tell you - just go for it - this project is very forgiving once you are donw. I pinched up each layer towards the middle and the pushed it down a little as I went.
Keep scrunching each layer up.
Until you complete all layers of paper. Once I was done - I worked the top a bit - flattening it out and spreading it flat on the bottom layers.Next - a few spritz of your favorite mist colors - I mixed up my colors - red maya mists then gold glimmer over it. A little blue maya with silver glimmer.
The flowers above were made with the paper bags.
Here are some made with the old phone book!Let it dry and there you have it!
I plan on using some of these beauties on a layout today. Check back later for a completed layout!

Thanks for all teh good back thoughts ladies. The insurance coompany came through when the MD requested te MRI and I went yesterdya to have it done. Results on Monday. Still wicked sore but the pain pills make it possible to get up. I cut them in half because I do not like taking them. Hopefully on Monday we will have a plan to make this right!! I am still scrapping today!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is cool. Great idea and tutorial!

Chrissy Le said...

Oh my word, this tutorial is totally awesome!! You just gave me a reason to get one of those scallop punches! :)

"The Bag Lady" said...

This is just SO cool...I am totally speechless!!!

Nathalie said...

Those are super pretty!!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Angie said...

That is such a cool idea! Thanks for the tutorial!

just jennifer said...

what a great tutorial! I'll have to try that when I get back from vacation!

Jill Felker said...

That is very, very cool. Who'd have thought that scrunching paper could be so gorgeous???? I've GOT to try this. Thanks Lisa!

Tara said...

Very, very cool!

Heather said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Great job. Now I need one of those punches!

Michelle said...

Lisa the flowers are gorgeous!!going to try to make some!!beautiful!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE those! brilliant

jennmom2000 said...

I need a punch like this so I can make these. Really, really cool!

Julie said...

how on earth did i miss this post!!!!! these are awesome lisa!!! now i need that punch lol